Wednesday

Google Chrome Add Ons


If you are a little touched in the head you may not have heard that Google had officially entered the browser market with the release of Chrome.  This new browser has been specifically designed to work with the latest javascript web applications, be faster, stronger, and basically able to leap tall buildings better than what was previously available.

But why would I be interested in leaving my tried and true Mozilla FireFox?  As it stands I have a ton of bookmarks, where I know I can find them, a sweet theme, and more add-ons than you can shake a stick at.  For the life of me I can't find any addons currently available for Google Chrome, although since it is open source I'm sure they will come along eventually.  Until I can see at a glance if I have any email, what my adsense revenue is, or what the page rank of a website is I'll be avoiding Chrome and sticking with FireFox.

Further discussion on this new Google Browser Chrome looks like there may be some issues with cookie and affiliate tracking.  The option to go incognito in chrome will keep cookies from remaining on a pertains computer, after they close the window the cookie is lost.  So maybe it's not so important whether I use it, but whether or not I can keep other potential buyers away from it.

No comments: