Monday

GoDaddy Domain Club




Part of being an online affiliate marketer is watching deals and trying to maximize your profits, that's why I scour for every deal I can find for myself personally. Today I received an email with a special promotion to join the GoDaddy domain club, where I can receive additional discounts on buying .com domains. However, belonging to this club requires a yearly membership, which at this time is $71.99.

Specifically I'm considering this membership because of the deal you get on .com domains all year. When you join the club they lock in your .com pricing to just $7.29 per year. Not taking any other coupons or discounts the current full price of a .com domain (which is usually what you are forced to pay when renewing) is at $10.69 for one year. Well, I'm not so sure joining this club will be worth it to me, see the math below.

Savings Per .Com Domain : $10.69 - $7.29 = $3.40
$71.99 / $3.40 = 21 Domains

Basically I would have to purchase over 21 domains to just break even on the GoDaddy domain club deal. Currently I only purchase about a dozen new domains per year, so it's clearly not in my best interest to start joining their club...just yet. This formula doesn't even take into consideration that I typically don't pay full price for domains anyways, since coupons are readily available.

Keep this in mind fellow affiliate marketers, just because it's a good deal doesn't mean it's a good deal for you. Consider all options before jumping into an offer and save money at every corner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've recently had to do a similar comparison.

Google is offering domain registration for $10. This $10 includes free private whois. Not to mention Godaddy's interface is annoying/spammy.

I'm considering moving to Google to manage my domains in the future bec. with the price of the private whois included it's going to be a better deal.