Monday

Defeat Image Frames Like Google Image Search



One of my sites has always received a lot of Google Image Search traffic. Which is great, except they usually bounce immediately and I always suspected it was because of the way Google frames the image results at the top of the page. This keeps the visitor from actually needing to visit the site and potentially read on about more content or images on my automotive blog.

Thanks to some handy dandy super search powers, I came up with a viable solution that I've put into practice over the past few months. The results have been outstanding, where my traffic has soared and my bounce rate has plummeted. The trick is to insert some javascript in the top of your pages with images, that will break the Google Image Search frames when your image is clicked on.

Insert this code into the head of your template:

Problems posting code, so please view my thread at WebTalkForums.


So far as I can tell this does not create any adverse effects in your normal search engine rankings or in the image search rankings. Furthermore, this javascript should also work to break the frames created by Yahoo and MSN image search as well.

No comments: