Friday

Contest Sponsorship

Just some brain storming going on in this post, nothing more, nothing less. I think I want to start sponsoring some big contests on other websites. Considering with simple prizes thrown up for grabs, it's possible to earn some decent back links and brand recognition that would cost a fortune in Adword campaigns.

Here's the problem, I'm having issues finding blogs and websites that are actively looking for sponsorships. Granted I'm not a big player, so generally I don't have people coming to me, but surely there are places out there will the smaller guys need help for prizes. Yes, I've looked at the general webmaster forums, but there just doesn't seem to be a lot of action going on in that realm. Perhaps everyone is slowing down.

No, I'm not interested in sponsoring a contest that only has 5 people competing. I'm mainly looking for a contest with no less than 100 entrants, but doesn't have to be huge. I'm thinking this kind of promotion and prize giveaway can help with link and brand building. Anyone have any experience with searching out contests and helping sponsorships?

1 comment:

Paul Day said...

Hi there.

I am starting a Battle of the Bands on my website, and am looking for some sponsors. The contest is driven by the bands that have profiles on the site, since they will be competing for a larger prize.

I am looking to give out prizes to the top 3 fans that cast at least one vote.

You can view the details I have so far at http://www.avenuehifi.com/battleofthebands.

Thanks,
Paul
paul@avenuehifi.com

Founder
AvenueHiFi.com
Independent Music Network