Wednesday

Targeting The Less Web Smart


Not exactly sure how to say that, but generally speaking it's easier to get leads from those who are not as familiar with the way the internet works. For example I have a MySpace Content site that provides themes, pictures, and different code to make their profiles fun and generally these visitors are not as web knowledgeable as say those visiting this site. So an ad that we see as obviously an ad, will for them be a potential score for a free product, by simply entering their email.

Lately Ive been trying to market ring tones to this crowd, but to no luck, since they have to register their text code to complete the lead and earn me a commission. Today I got an email from my affiliate manager at MaxBounty announcing a new program trying to push Rock Band 2, which as you know is a wildly popular 'younger crowd' video game. All that is required is a 2 page submit and confirmation of email, which I'm hoping will translate into some good leads and give me $2.60 per lead.

As an affiliate you know it's all about knowing your visitors and targeting what they find interesting. Obviously I'm not going to try and sell SEO services to a bunch of visitors looking to put pictures of Britney Spears on their MySpace profile. ;)

No comments: