Friday

LikSang Affiliate Program

LikSang’s affiliate program came very highly recommended, but I have yet to find out why. For starters, their system is extremely bulky, using the same interface customers would have…there is no separate control panel. And their banners, garrr, are horendous.

It’s unclear to me, at first glance, whether or not they allow deep links. That is, I’m allowed to link directly to the item I’m interested in affiliating for. Most of the time it appears your linking to what they want you to sell or the homepage. However, the focus of mys ite I’m using is very specific to what I’d be able to market. Although, it may all be null and void seeing the commissions they are wanting to pay.

When I first signed up it appeared that I would be receiving +10% on all referred sales, but it doesn’t look like this is true. I contacted the affiliate program support people in regards to a few topics; deep links, preorder affiliate workings, and banner concerns. After 2 weeks of no response I sent out a second email, this one with a second email tag in the subject. After 2 days I finally received a response back from their lackluster affiliate support people.

I would only be receiving 2% commission on the consoles that I would sell. You have to be messed up to think I would promote such a large item for such a small fraction of commission. In addition, they neglected to answer my other questions with just an assurance of that I’d get paid. Sounds like another case of cheap outsourced customer service reps.

The short and the long of it is, LikSang has terrible customer service (affiliate side), terrible marketing tools, and low low low commissions for console sale referrals. I believe I will take my possible LikSang console referrals elsewhere, perhaps local. Hopefully others have better experience with this company, because I have heard positive things…just not from my mouth.

No comments: