Friday

Positioning Your Affiliate Site

I've mentioned previously in this blog the importance of positioning your website for prelaunch products. Today I've learned just how important that really is, especially following major announcements.

The product I'm affiliating for made an official announcement yesterday stating the launch date and pricing info. Following the information my site was literally flooded with search engine traffic, so much so that it virtually shut down my servers. All of the traffic stimmed from keywords that I had been targetting, but was not heavily searched. Now that the info is available, the number of searches hunting for my keywords has went through the roof.

24hrs after this announcement and I am well on my way to affiliate stardom. As I compile the specifics I'll keep this blog updated.

No comments: